Bachelor’s Programs (학사과정)
4 years / 120 units / High school diploma required
– Bachelor of Biblical Studies (B.B.S.)
– Bachelor of Christian Education (B.C.E.)
– Bachelor of Christian Counseling (B.C.C.) / This Program is under preparation and is not available as of yet.
– Bachelor of Church Leadership (B.C.L.) / This Program is under preparation and is not available as of yet.
Bachelor’s Program General Information
Westminster International University offers a Bachelors’ degree requiring 120 semester hours of credit. The program requires four academic years, includes general education courses, and is designed to equip students for effective communication of the Gospel.
The goal of the program is to help students attain a fundamental grounding in Biblical Studies, including an introduction to the theory and practice of ministry, Church History, missiology, the Old and New Testaments, and Christian theology.
The program allows students to master enabling skills for autonomous learning and to focus on a specific area of knowledge.
Bachelor’s Program Learning Goal
- To prepare students to assist professional ministers in the various duties of the church, Christian organizations and mission fields(e.g., Sunday school teacher, youth groups teacher, cell group leaders).
- To become lay leaders in their churches and mission fields (or ministers)
- To prepare students for graduate study
Bachelor’s Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand basic concepts of the Christian theology
- Demonstrate a knowledge of Scripture, proper use of hermeneutics, and ability to communicate the Gospel;
- Demonstrate the integrative, theoretical enhanced attributes for Christian ministry.
Bachelor’s Program General Education
The Bachelor degree requires a minimum of 33 course credits earned in General Education. General Education courses include courses in world history, intercultural studies, English, Philosophy, and Christian education.
Bachelor’s Program Graduation Requirements
Students who plan to graduate from Westminster International University must fulfill the following graduation requirements for the undergraduate program:
- Satisfactorily completion of 120 semester units
- Completion of all courses prescribed in the curriculum
- Maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.0
- A minimum of 30 units must be completed at WIU and the remaining 90 units may be satisfied through transfer credit.
- Pass the comprehensive examination
- Exit interview with faculty
The student may submit a Ministry Project (a major academic paper) earning 3 credits to complete the program. In this case, the student will take the course, PT201_Ministry Project I (3units), PT202_Ministry Project II and present a prospectus and outline of the thesis during his/her final semester of the program. The school will assign an academic supervisor according to the subject of the Ministry Project. The text of the Ministry Project will be approximately 20 pages double-spaced.