2 years / 60 units / High school diploma required
– Associate of Biblical Studies (A.B.S)
– Associate of Church Leadership (A.C.L)
General Description and Program Goals
Westminster International University offers an Associate degree in Biblical Studies requiring 60 semester hours of credit. The program requires two academic years and is designed to equip students for effective lay ministries. The goal of the program is to help students attain a fundamental grounding in general educations, Biblical Studies, and practical ministry skills.
The goals of the Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies program are to:
- To prepare students for transferring to a university; and
- To prepare students to assist professional ministers in the various duties of the church or Christian organizations.
AABS Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the degree, students will be able to:
- Integrate broad knowledge in general education for a Christian worldview.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of Scripture, proper use of hermeneutics, and ability to communicate the Gospel;
- Exhibit spiritual maturity as a Christian leader;
- Demonstrate the basic theoretical understanding and practical skills for ministry
The Associates degree in Biblical Studies program requires the completion of a minimum of 60 semester hours of credit, and demonstration of Christian character. Credits can be a combination of transfer credits and completion of course work with a Grade Point Average of C (2.0). At least 18 credits must be in General Education.
Degree Requirements: 60 credits